Migrate classic contactless smart card systems to the next security level with the next evolution of the proven MIFARE Plus product family. MIFARE Plus EV1 brings benchmark security and additional features to mainstream contactless smart card applications. It is the only mainstream IC compatible with MIFARE® Classic®EV1 1K (MF1S50yyX/V1), MIFARE Classic EV1 4K (MF1S70yyX/V1), and the MIFARE Plus EV0 product family (MF1PLUSx0y1 and MF1SPLUSx0y1) which offers a seamless upgrade path for existing infrastructure and services.
MIFARE Plus EV1 enables system operators to selectively upgrade security relevant applications. The ability to operate nonsecurity relevant applications on existing CRYPTO1 infrastructure minimizes total cost of ownership (TCO) for the whole infrastructure eco-system. After switching to Security Level 3, MIFARE Plus EV1 uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) based on open global standards for cryptographic methods for authentication, data integrity protection, and data encryption.
Variants with EEPROM sizes up to 4K cater for the growing number of contactless applications and thus growing memory needs. This support empowers system operators to add future applications as needed while relying on an established product standard. The use of the MIFARE Application Directory (MAD) simplifies the future on-boarding of new applications on a MIFARE Plus EV1.
AES for data encryption and integrity protection is also used for the secure end-to-end channel communication capabilities of MIFARE Plus EV1. This new evolution allows system operators to remotely manage card content over-the-air, even for Crypto1 operated applications. Additional applications and services can thus be created remotely after card issuance in a secure way, further enhancing TCO.
The Transaction MAC feature securely verifies the authenticity of a transaction. In example for systems with multiple service providers that are using the same wallet and clearing service, the Transaction MAC feature proves to the clearing house that transactions between service providers and customers are genuine. It can also be used to verify transactions in numerous offline scenarios or where real-time online authentication capabilities are not feasible for system operators.
For easy integration with mobile devices and other convergence media, MIFARE Plus EV1 also supports communication via ISO/IEC 7816-4 APDUs. To increase flexibility, system can freely choose to communicate in the native and APDU mode.
- 2 kB, 4 kB EEPROM
- 7-byte UID, 4-byte NUID
- Supports ISO/IEC 14443-31 Random ID for all UID types
- Communication speed up to 848 kbps
- Freely configurable access conditions
- Security Level (SL) concept for seamless migration from legacy infrastructure to high level SL3 security
- Sequential writing of the personalization keys (in SL0)
- AES-128 cryptography for authentication and secure messaging (optional in SL1, mandatory in SL3)
- SL3 CardSecurityLevel or sector-by-sector security level upgrade possible (SectorSecurityLevel)
- SL1SL3Mix mode to allow secure back-end connections into SL1 sectors
- Multisector authentication, multiblock read and write
- Anti-tearing mechanism for AES keys, sector trailers, configuration and optionally for data block writing
- Virtual card concept using ISO/IEC 7816-4 compliant selection method
- Proximity checks fully ISO/IEC 14443-3 compliant
- Transaction MAC on value and data blocks
- Direct commit personalization from SL0 to SL1 or SL3
- Common Criteria Certification: EAL5+
- ECC Originality signature