Migrate classic contactless smart card systems to the next security level! MIFARE Plus brings benchmark security to mainstream contactless smart card applications. It is the only mainstream IC compatible with MIFARE Classic 1K (MF1ICS50) and MIFARE Classic 4K (MF1ICS70) which offers an upgrade path for existing infrastructure and
After the security upgrade, MIFARE Plus uses AES-128 (Advanced Encryption Standard) for authentication, data integrity and encryption. MIFARE Plus is based on open global standards for both air interface and cryptographic methods at the highest security level.
MIFARE Plus is available in two versions: MIFARE Plus X and MIFARE Plus S.
- The MIFARE Plus X (MF1PLUSx0y1), offers more flexibility to optimize the command flow for speed and confidentiality. It offers a rich feature set including proximity checks against relay attacks.
- The MIFARE Plus S (MF1SPLUSx0y1) is the standard version for straight forward migration of MIFARE Classic systems. It is configured to offer high data integrity.
- 2 kB or 4 kB EEPROM
- Simple fixed memory structure compatible with MIFARE Classic 1K and MIFARE Classic 4K
- Memory structure identical to MIFARE Classic 4K (sectors, blocks)
- Access conditions freely configurable
- Supports ISO/IEC 14443-3 UIDs (4-byte UID, 4 Byte NUID, 7-byte UID), optional support of random IDs
- Multi-sector authentication, Multi-block read and write
- AES-128 used for authenticity, confidentiality and integrity
- Anti-tearing mechanism for writing AES keys
- Keys can be stored as MIFARE CRYPTO1 keys (2 × 48-bit per sector) and as AES keys (2 × 128-bit per sector)
- Full support of virtual card concept
- Proximity check
- Communication speed up to 848 kbit/s
- Number of single write operations: 200000 cycles (typical)
- Common Criteria Certification: EAL4+