The I·CODE SLI IC is a dedicated chip for intelligent label applications like supply chain management as well as baggage and parcel identification in airline business and mail services. This IC is the first member of a product family of smart label ICs based on the ISO standard ISO/IEC 15693.
The I·CODE system offers the possibility of operating labels simultaneously in the field of the reader antenna (Anticollision). It is designed for long range applications.
2.1 Contactless Energy and Data Transfer
Whenever connected to a very simple and cheap type of antenna (as a result of the 13.56 MHz carrier frequency) made out of a few windings printed, winded, etched or punched coil the I·CODE SLI IC can be operated without line of sight up to a distance of 1.5 m (gate width). No battery is needed. When the smart label is positioned in the field of an interrogator antenna, the high speed RF communication interface allows to transmit data with up to 53 kbit/s.
An intelligent anticollision function allows to operate more than one tag in the field simultaneously. The anticollision algorithm selects each tag individually and ensures that the execution of a transaction with a selected tag is performed correctly without data corruption resulting from other tags in the field.
Unique Identifiers, which can not be altered, guarantee the uniqueness of each label.
1.1 I•CODE SLI RF Interface (ISO/IEC 15693)
- Contactless transmission of data and supply energy (no battery needed)
- Operating distance: up to 1.5 m (depending on antenna geometry)
- Operating frequency: 13.56 MHz (ISM, world-wide licence free available)
- Fast data transfer: up to 53 kbit/s
- High data integrity: 16 Bit CRC, framing
- True anticollision
- Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS)
- Application Family Identifier (AFI) supported
- Data Storage Format Identifier (DSFID)
- Additional fast anticollision read
- Write distance equal to read distance
- 1024 bits, organised in 32 blocks of 4 byte each
- Data retention of 10 years
- Write endurance 100.000 cycles
- Unique identifier for each device
- Lock mechanism for each user memory block (write protection)
- Lock mechanism for DSFID, AFI, EAS