NXP® has developed the MIFARE MF1ICS50 to be used in a contactless smart card according to ISO/IEC 14443 Type A.
The MIFARE MF1ICS50 IC is used in applications like public transport ticketing where major cities have adopted MIFARE as their e-ticketing solution of choice.
- Public transportation
- Access control
- Event ticketing
- Gaming & identity
An intelligent anticollision function allows operating more than one card in the field simultaneously. The anticollision algorithm selects each card individually and ensures that the execution of a transaction with a selected card is performed correctly without data corruption resulting from other cards in the field.
The MF1ICS50 is designed for simple integration and user convenience. Which could allow complete ticketing transactions to be handled in less than 100 ms. Thus, the MF1ICS50 card user is not forced to stop at the reader leading to a high throughput at gates and reduced boarding times onto busses. The MIFARE card may also remain in the wallet during the transaction, even if there are coins in it.
- Contactless transmission of data and supply energy (no battery needed)
- Operating distance: Up to 100mm (depending on antenna geometry)
- Operating frequency: 13.56 MHz
- Data transfer: 106 kbit/s
- Data integrity: 16 Bit CRC, parity, bit coding, bit counting
- Typical ticketing transaction:< 100 ms (including backup management)
- 1 Kbyte, organized in 16 sectors with 4 blocks of 16 bytes each (one block consists of 16 byte)
- User definable access conditions for each memory block
- Data retention of 10 years
- Write endurance 100.000 cycles
- Mutual three pass authentication (ISO/IEC DIS 9798-2)
- An individual set of two keys per sector (per application) to support multi-application with key hierarchy
- A unique serial number for each device